Your Program Options
Three programs to choose from, all including basic foundation up to principal-level training.
This is a good option for those wishing to quickly build a real-world foundation of custom application design. Ideal for addressing the "no experience" issue and increasing the chances of obtaining a design-related position.
This is an excellent option for those wishing to build a solid, broad foundation of mechanical design aspects related to custom applications, focusing on real-world mechanical design excellence.
Foundation + Automation
This option includes everything from the Foundation program, plus significant training on automated systems and control, and a bonus detailed case study of an automated electromechanical device.
What you get
Detailed Training Videos
Live Online Lectures
Live Online Q&A Sessions
Study at Your Own Pace
Certificate of Completion
About the instructor
Conrad Diaz, P.E. | CEO, Cognetix Engineering, Inc.
UCLA-degreed, licensed Professional Engineer with more than 20 years of experience. Conrad specializes in automated system and product design, including high-speed assembly machinery, as well as FDA class II and class III medical devices.
His broad experience, high level of attention to detail, and ability to understand and foresee the "whole picture" have enabled him to achieve a successful professional track record. He now has merged his engineering talent with two of his other passions: teaching and giving back.
Conrad places great importance on teaching not only detailed, proper mechanical design foundation, but also on teaching the whole-picture perspective, including the entire product development process, along with important business and project management aspects.
Take your mechanical design knowledge to the next level, unleash your creativity, and open up a broader world of professional opportunities.
INSTANT ACCESS | The initial videos and training material is released immediately, as soon as you enroll, then gradually throughout the program as you progress.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE | Registration for this session will close on
NOVEMBER 3, 2017, or when the student limit is reached, whichever comes sooner. (Typically, the program fills up before the registration deadline, so don't wait too long.) REGISTRATION FOR THIS TERM IS NOW CLOSED
20-STUDENT LIMIT | The capacity of the programs is limited to 20 participants to ensure the highest level of training quality to all participants. It is best that you register as soon as possible, in order to ensure admittance and entitlement to applicable bonuses.
Live lecture schedule | Although the program includes a substantial amount of high quality prerecorded video lectures, online live lectures and Q&A sessions are also included. Attendance is optional, but recommended. Replays will be available. The schedule is as follows: 2-hours every other Sunday, starting at 1:30 PM, Pacific Time, USA:
Foundation Lite: Nov 5, Nov 19.
Standard Foundation: Nov 5, Nov 19, Dec 3.
Foundation + Automation: Nov 5, Nov 19, Dec 3, Dec 17.
90-day access | Although the course material, lectures, and tests are distributed gradually throughout the programs (3 weeks, 5 weeks, or 8 weeks, depending on what program you select), you have 90 calendar days of access to the program, starting on the day you enroll. That means that you may go through the program at your own pace, as long as it is completed within 90 days.
30-day Money-Back Guarantee | with the first day being the day of purchased enrollment. If for whatever reason you find that the course is not up to your level of expectations and you have completed at least 3 weeks of program material and tests, simply contact the COGNETIX Mechanical Engineering Academy for a reimbursement.
Select Program and Enroll
- Pre-recorded Lectures
- Online Live Lectures
- Downloadable PDF's
- Online Q&A Sessions
- Live lecture replays
- Automated Tests
- Option to study at your own pace (90-day access)
- Certificate of Completion
- Fundamentals of Machined Part Design
- Engineering Drawings of Machined Parts
- Mechanical Integration of Standard Components
- Methods to locate and attach parts
- Mechanical design with pneumatic components
- Introduction to the Cognetix Process for Mechanical Design Excellence
- Assembly Drawings
- Basic Testing and Troubleshooting of Prototypes
- Introduction to Industrial Sensors
- Industrial Motor Types and Selection
- Motion Control of Electromechanical Systems
- CASE STUDIES
- CASE STUDY I: Design of a manufacturing assembly fixture
- CASE STUDY II: Design of an automated manufacturing assembly machine
- CASE STUDY III: Hand-held, battery-operated sewing machine (mass produced product)
- CASE STUDY IV: Design of a 2-axis, color-tracking automated device
- BONUSES (if you enroll now)
- BONUS 1(a): Three 30-minute 1-on-1 online sessions with lead instructor
- BONUS 1(b): One-on-one consultation on how to achieve a successful and rewarding career that is focused on design
- BONUS 2: Personalized letter of recommendation from lead instructor
- BONUS 3: Course: Introduction to Methods to Unleash Creativity
- 25+ Hrs
- 4+ Hrs
- 30+ Hrs
- 6+ Hrs
- 40+ Hrs
- 8+ Hrs